Friday, March 24, 2006

Oh...the Humanity!!!!

Robert Schuler defending his multi-million dollar “crystal cathedral.”

“We are trying to make a big, beautiful impression upon the affluent non-religious Americans who are riding by on this busy freeway. Its obvious that we are not trying to impress Christians!{…} Nor are we trying to impress the social workers in the County Welfare Department. They would tell us that we ought to be content to remain in the Orange Drive-In Theatre and give the money to feed the poor. But suppose we had given this money to feed the poor? What would we have today? We would still have hungry, poor people and God would not have this tremendous base of operations which He is using to inspire people to become more successful, more affluent, more generous, more genuinely unselfish in their giving of themselves.”

4 Comments:

Blogger CeeDeeLow said...

I can't even believe that... i'm slipping into another spiral for him... thing is, i don't think he feels shamed about anything.....!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Trevor said...

I've often wondered if I had a handful of rocks and a slingshot... standing right there before the crystal cathedral... no one around..... would it be wrong?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Betsy said...

All I've got to say is Jesus was right when he said to watch out for people who profess the Truth, but who do not mention Jesus.

The crystal cathedral may inspire people with it's beautiful impressions. But to what end? "More successful, more affluent, more generous" in what? Oh yeah, the "giving of themselves."

I don't know. I just want to show more of Jesus in me than anything I can give.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

oh my.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home